Friday, March 26, 2010

Good Days

I'm slowly coming to realize that deep down, I really do have a preference for age levels when it comes to teaching (though, in the coming school year, I'll take what ever job is offered to me- provided that any job is offered).  After my horrible experience at the middle school (after multiple positive jobs in 6-8th grade classrooms), and a great day back at the high school level that 9-12th graders are my favorite grades to teach.  I had actually been dreading going back to sub since "the 8th grade turds" but this afternoon I had the pleasure of being able to sub for a couple of wonderful French classes (even though I don't know a word of French, besides "hello" and "goodbye").  They treated me with respect and appreciated how I am generally a pretty laid-back sub.  It was nice to hear even tell me to my face that I am "a cool sub" and that they "wished that they could have me sub every day."  It's hard going into a new classroom every day, with new faces and names to try to learn, but it's days like these that make it worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment