Monday, March 29, 2010

Crafting for others

It's been awhile since I've done any crafts, so this past weekend I got together with J and we each worked on a project.  So far, all of the crafts that I have made have been for me, and I didn't worry about making mistakes because no one else would ever notice them, but this week's project was made for one of my younger sisters, so I felt the need to be much more meticulous when it came to sewing in a straight line.  What I decided to make for her was a make-up brush travel roll (found here at Twelves Crafts Til Christmas) and it turned out to be very simple!  Here's how it turned out:

Envelope made by J at Secret Pie Shoppe

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, your make-up brush travel roll is absolutely beautiful! I love, LOve, LOVE that fabric choice/color choice. I think your sister will adore it! By the way, the crockpot chicken salsa looks delicious. I'm a vegetarian, but I'm going to try that using a soy chicken substitue. I was looking for something new to add to the menu this week, and that's it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete