Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Weather Outside is Frightful...

I had a late night last night (my pa needed to pick up some keys from me at about 2am), so when I got the phone call from L at 6:15am saying that he was stuck in the alleyway, I was less than thrilled to have to jump into some pants, put on my winter gear, grab a shovel and start digging a way out of our un-plowed alley. I'm really wishing that I had put a snowblower on my wish list this year... After lots of shoveling (thank goodness we're only three houses in!) and pushing, we finally got L on the road and off to work. Unfortunately, all of that work left me feeling more awake, so I made good use of the energy and finished shoveling the driveway and the walkway leading up to the side door.

After going back inside to take a 3 hour nap, I woke up to finish shoveling so that our Christmas guests can find their way to the front door (and to avoid a fine from the City of St. Paul...), and found that apparently L and I have made friends with someone who has a snowblower! When I got to the front of the house to shovel, our sidewalk had been mostly cleared by someone else, so all I had to do was finish scraping the little chunks of snow off the pavement. When I looked to the back of the house, our snowblower fairy was just finishing up our driveway, so I was able to run back really quick to say thanks (though I'm still not sure who it was, since I wasn't wearing my glasses and the lady was all bundled up so I couldn't see her face).

T-4 hours until guests start arriving for our first ever K-L combined Christmas Eve party! I'm super excited :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment