Thursday, December 24, 2009

Favoritism

Since I'm basically snowed in at the moment (L's car is too light to drive on the roads right now, so I've gotta wait to go feed M&B's cat until later this afternoon when L gets home with my car), I thought that I would share some pictures of my favorite room in the house right now- the front living room. L and I had a plan with this room, and while I'm sure it will change eventually, I'm really happy with how it has turned out so far. We decided that we wanted the room to have a tobacco feeling to it (dark browns and creams). Luckily, the room was already painted a neutral color, so all we had to do was find the furnishings to go with it!

First thing we did was buy two vine patterned armless chairs from Target. We got them on sale for $99 each (normally $160 each).

Our next purchase was a storage ottoman (my new obsession- I want them everywhere in my house!), a bookshelf and a console table from another Target collection:

This is my favorite wall in the house so far :-)

You can see the bookshelf in the left corner of the picture, next to Vine Chair #2

The latest addition to the front living room was a couch from IKEA. When we were in the store, they claimed to be out of the sofa size, and only had the love seat, so we were set on getting the love seat. Once we went down the aisle to collect our items, we saw that there were about 3 of the sofas in stock, so we grabbed the larger one instead of the love seat (and there was only a $20 dollar difference between the two sizes!)

Next, we want to get a cool rug comprised of browns and creams to go in front of the couch once we get rid of the Christmas tree.

Speaking of Christmas trees, over the last 3 years, L and I have always just gotten a little 5.5 foot tree for our apartment:But this year, we actually have room for a larger tree, so we got one that reached our ceiling!

Every year, L and I each get a new ornament for the tree, so here are this year's newbies:I continued to support Pixar this year :-)

While L continued to support his love for Star Trek:


Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment