Friday, July 23, 2010

Book Reviews

 picture from http://www.philosophy.leeds.ac.uk

I think I mentioned a while ago now that I would be posting reviews of the books I have been reading.  Well, I have most definitely forgot about that.  As you can see by the sidebar on my blog, I always update what I have just finished reading, what I am reading currently, and what I plan to read next.  So far I've been good about keeping that up to date, but my book reviews have definitely been lacking.  My mother-in-law's best friend has requested that I actually start writing up reviews of the books I've read so that she can get some better ideas of books she wants to read.  I'd also really like to get my blog on some sort of schedule, so perhaps a "What I am Reading" Wednesdays are in order...  As a person who has a teaching license in secondary English education, I feel that it important for me to model what I expect my future students to do, and these more modern book reports are a great way to keep children of the technology-era engaged and more interested in book reports, rather than just handing in a hard copy of a brief synopsis of the book they just finished.  It is also a great way to have students interact with each others' book reports by requiring them to post comments and pose questions for each other on an more technological level.  Please feel free to comment, discuss, and ask questions about any book that I have read in the comment section below. 

So Lori, these posts are for you (and hopefully other people find these posts beneficial to them too)!

1 comment:

  1. Haha nice. Only my mom, being the teacher, she is would demand book reports. But I am excited to read them and see what books I want to read! Also great idea for interactive book reports in school! Hope things are going well and see you in August!

    ReplyDelete