Monday, July 26, 2010

Before and After

One of my goals for this summer is to finish refinishing the hand-me-down patio furniture we received from L's parents.  Despite their age and history, the pieces are in pretty good shape so all I needed to do was lightly sand the original finish and then they were ready to be painted.


In order to get the look I was going for and even coverage, I decided to give spray paint a whirl for this project (though I highly underestimated how many cans of spray paint it would actually take to get these suckers done).  For my paint, I used the recommended primer for the first coat, and then the second coat was of Heirloom White.


Each chair required about 2 cans of primer and 2 cans of the color (and the total paint cost added up to be about $15/chair).  In the end, I am pretty happy with the results and am glad that I took on this project versus going out and buying new patio furniture.  Eventually we want to get new cushions for the set, but the leafy red ones work just fine for now!

1 comment:

  1. If you ever want to go material shopping and see if you can find material to make new cushion covers with - let me know. I still need to find red material for the cushions in our living room.

    ReplyDelete