Saturday, May 22, 2010

Summer is Coming!

Well, the air is getting stickier, the neighbor kids are staying out later, and I bawled like a baby while watching the season finale of Grey's Anatomy yesterday, so summer must be just around the corner!  With summer comes a lot of fun things that we've been looking forward to doing for over a year now (i.e., spending time at the cabin for the 4th of July, celebrating our first wedding anniversary, being in M&B's wedding at the end of July, attending my cousin's wedding at the end of August in Duluth, just to name a few).  Unfortunately, I will be unable to sub during the summer months (summer vacay=no subs needed), but it looks like I might have found another nanny job to fill in the days/hours I'm not already with the tots, so I won't have to call Sallie Mae and attempt to get my huge student loan deferred for the summer months.  I'm waiting to hear back about a summer school position I applied for, but until then, it looks like one more summer of me being K: Nanny Extraordinaire.

Last week, I had a blast at M's tea party bridal shower.  After we were all done with the shower, some of us took a peak in super cool antique shop with an amazing staircase, which the shop owner was kind enough to take a picture of us posing and looking pretty with our tea attire on.

As for the animal update, Dwight has been tolerating his time outside in the pen pretty well.   At first, he was terrified and spend most of the time pleading with us to take him back inside, but now whenever we put him out, he's very content with munching on the grass, chilling with Darla, and sunning himself.  L and I have even caught him on numerous occasions staring out the window, and we can only assume it's because he wants to go out again.

Lastly, I've gotten myself back into baking again for fun.  My latest attempt was a cake for Mother's day, which turned out very well!  Eventually I will make the entire thing from scratch, but for now, the cake mix is from a box, but the vanilla buttercream frosting is all homemade.  The recipe I use can be found here at the Beantown Baker's blog, and it is amazing!  Because the only other kind of frosting I've ever attempted was of the cream cheese variety, I was hesitant to try making this kind from scratch, but with the help of my KA standmixer, it has turned out perfectly on multiple occasions now!  If you know me, you realize how excited I am about finding an amazing frosting recipe, as I am all about the frosting and believe that it can make or break the cake.

Anyways, that's all I have for you now!

No comments:

Post a Comment