Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Reason #234343908471...

...for wanting a house:

I can't stand apartment living anymore. I've spent the last 5 years sharing walls with strangers who don't seem to realize that there is someone living on the other side of the plaster and paint and drywall. Despite everything that goes into building a wall or a ceiling/floor, the ones here are very thin and our neighbors also don't seem to realize that as they play their music or video games past 11 at night. I wish that I could go back in time 3 years and tell my past-self to make sure to rent the apartment on the top floor, not the one on the 2nd where I've got neighbors above, below, and to the side of me. Right now I am supposed to be sleeping (fortunately L was able to fall asleep before the neighbors got home), and have a potentially difficult sub job ahead of me in the morning, but it looks like I'll be running on fumes and coffee to make it through the day.

Great.

Keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes well on Monday, and that we only have a couple more months of apartment life left.

No comments:

Post a Comment