Saturday, October 3, 2009

Hello, my name is Ms. L...

We're still waiting to hear back from the bank, though we did get a response from the listing agent telling us that it could be up to another 12 weeks to get any sort of answer. Apparently US Bank is not known for its speediness... While we've decided to continue to wait it out, it's frustrating because we were told 6-9 weeks initially. If there's one thing that I really dislike, it is when people underestimate things to make it seem better than it really is! Bah, oh well. If it's meant to be, then the outcome will be a good one in the near future :-)

On a completely non-house related note, my teaching license FINALLY went through and I've been starting to sub this week. I was able to get jobs for Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and they were all at the school I student taught at last winter/spring for the English Department. I feel like that made my first few sub jobs much less scary than I thought they were going to be, especially since I know how that school works and I know the majority of the English department staff. When I went back on Wednesday, the teacher, whom I had subbed for on Wednesday told me that his students didn't believe him that it was my first day subbing, so that made me feel pretty good about my subbing skills! The English Dept. Leader has also put me on their preferred sub list which will go to all the high schools in the district, so hopefully that means that I'll start getting more jobs and maybe even get into the schools 5 days/week. Now, not only have I had the chance to sub in English classrooms, but I have also done emergency subbing for a French and an ASL class during the prep period (which means I get paid more!). So far, I'm really liking being a sub.

This weekend is B's birthday, so we're off to Oktober Fest at Gasthof's tonight and the final Twins game at the Metrodome tomorrow. Happy birthday B!

No comments:

Post a Comment