Friday, June 11, 2010

Here We Are Again.

Around this time last year, I was just finishing up my last days of student teaching, cleaning out the classroom and saying my goodbyes to the friends I had made throughout my time at the school.  I was also conscious of the fact that the chances that I would have a full time teaching job for the fall were slim to none.  For as much as I would have liked to have had a full time job offer, I was okay with the fact that I most likely would be spending the following year seeing new students nearly every day and battling those who were convinced that they could trick me into letting them out early for lunch or that they never have to be quiet for SSR.  It would take me awhile to realize that Starbursts would become my best friend regarding classroom management with all grades, but once I did, life got a whole lot easier. 

This year there was no grades to post, or classrooms to lock up, but I was left with the anticlimactic realization that I was indeed on summer vacation.  I am again realizing that the chances of getting a full time teaching job is slim to none, and this year I am less okay with that.  I've expanded my job hunting to online teaching, and that has lead me to a successful phone interview that I participated in earlier this week, and am on my way to my second phone interview with the same people next week.  Although it is just a part time online job, it would be perfect because I can continue to sub while gaining more teaching experiences to add to my resume.  Hopefully, I successfully woo Monday's interviewers off their feet and they decide to hire me on...

Please, my readers, keep your fingers and toes crossed for me as I continue the job search for the elusive full time English teaching position.

1 comment:

  1. I too am on my first real summer vacation, though I was lucky enough to be teaching full-time last year, though nothing for next year.

    I'm not sure how to spend my summer either, other than summer school!

    ReplyDelete