Monday, February 1, 2010

It's official!

Apparently, it's February now. Where the hell did January go? I have a feeling that February is going to go just as fast, seeing how I already have something planned for every single weekend this month (including my mother-in-law and my sister's birthdays).

Anyways, what I wanted to write about today is how I've finally become a true Saint Paul resident by going and getting myself a library card!


I've been itching to start reading a new book series (the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich), and I'm really excited to get the call letting me know that the book is in from the central library in downtown St. Paul. It's been awhile since I've found a fun/mindless series to read, so I'm looking forward to being entertained. I had a somewhat unhealthy addiction to buying books over the last couple of years, but I blame that on the fact that I haven't ever had a library within walking distance, and now that the closest library is within 3 blocks of my home, I predict that I will a pretty frequent patron! This should help heal the damage that Barnes and Noble and Borders has caused on my pocketbook over the last few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment