Saturday, September 12, 2009

Bookworm

Now, I've always been one to read through a ridiculously large stack of books in a fairly short period of time, but over this last year of grad school and working towards my Masters in Education, I haven't had as much time to read my "for fun" books. My life was full of textbooks and rereading novels and short stories to make sure I knew exactly what I was talking about as I taught them to my 9th graders. Since finishing my student teaching in June, I have more than made up for my lack of fun books, and last night was no exception. While this blog is intended for me to be able to look back on our first year of marriage and keep our friends and family updated on our house search, etc., I realize that reading is such a huge part of what L and I do together that it wouldn't be fair to me not to blog about the books I finish. Hopefully I can find some way to keep track of the books I've read since June on the side of this blog, and then I'll write about the ones that I feel deserve some attention.

P.S. While my veins weren't ripped apart during my first time giving blood, I did come out with a nasty bruise all down my forearm. Even though it was uncomfortable, giving blood is something that I can continue doing and feel good about!

No comments:

Post a Comment