Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Big 2-3

I've finally caught up to L for the next month and a half, and am typing here at the ripe-old age of twenty-three. Glad to say that it doesn't feel much older than twenty-two, but then again, I've had nearly a year to get used to the idea of all of my friends being twenty-three that I'd basically convinced myself that I was the same age as everyone else.

Today, I was able to spend the morning sleeping in (same old, same old for the last couple weeks of near-unemployment), and then Z (my younger sister, who also happens to be a hobo-bum during the day until she starts up with Aveda in December, and is now conveniently living a whole five-minute drive away from L and me) and I went shopping at MOA, and while I went in with the full intention of spending too much money on a dress I won't wear often enough, I walked out with only spending $18 at Ragstock. I just couldn't justify spending the money while we're attempting to buy a house, even if it was my fun money. Maybe I was too overwhelmed today, and need to take a breath and try again tomorrow? I really want some canisters for the kitchen, so perhaps I'll go get some of those? I don't know; we'll see. When L got home, he gave me flowers, a loving card, and two DVDs that I had been wanting to add to my collection for awhile. Saturday, he's taking me out to a surprise restaurant for dinner before we meet up with friends at Gasthof's, and then at RenFest on Sunday, I get to pick something fun from there for my "real" present. Dinner with my parents at the Old Spaghetti Factory was as tasty as ever, and I enjoyed the numerous framed pictures from the wedding that my mom put together for me. She even started a scrapbook and made a photo slide show DVD with music with wedding pics.

Overall, the transition from twenty-two to twenty-three has been a smooth one, and I'm hoping the rest of this year goes as well as the last one!

Tomorrow, I'll be donating blood for the first time in my life with L and B... tune in next week to see if I made it out of the Memorial Blood Drive Center will all my veins intact!

No comments:

Post a Comment